If you are a real estate investor, it is significant to understand the concept of syndication especially if you are cornered with limited resources in pooling capital of investment. There may be times where having a group of investors would likely be the answer to acquire such property. So HOW DOES IT WORK?
Tune in to this episode to learn more about the basics and concepts of syndication with Ron and Heather.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE
- What does a “Syndication” mean?
- How can a syndication in real estate be created?
- Why does the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) care about syndication?
- Roles of Limited Partners (investors) vs General Partners (sponsors)
- Risks and Rewards of being a Limited Partner and General Partner?
- How important are General Partners when you are looking at syndication of any kind?
- Types of properties in syndication
- What is a “Value-Add Property”?
- Who can invest in a syndication?
- What is an “Accredited Investor” and how to become one?
- What information is usually asked from people looking in syndication to show proof that they are accredited?
- Understanding the RULE 501 under the securities act
- Understanding the deal structure
- How important is the story (both front and back story) of the property?
- How important is due diligence when acquiring a property for syndication?
- Understanding the market where the property is situated
- What is a Capitalization Rate (Cap Rate) and how does it work?
- What is “Preferred Return Rates”?
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
If you need help with anything in real estate, please email: email@example.com
CONNECT WITH US